[arin-ppml] The AC has a job to do with 2009-1 can you please help?

Tom Vest tvest at pch.net
Tue Apr 7 05:16:00 EDT 2009

On Apr 7, 2009, at 12:36 AM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> Jeremy:
> Like a few others, you are dead set against any market transfer
> policy, right? (A yes or no will suffice -- and please, no need for
> the smileys)

You first Milton.

Having reviewed the last 30 years of your career, from your very
principled writings on political strategy for various anarcho-
capitalist/proto-libertarian movement zines in the 1970s, to your
principled defense of the AT&T monopoly but aggressive advocacy for
maximum privatization and competition for everything else that you
ever wrote about (spectrum in the 1980s, telecom in the 1990s, root
DNS and the tyranny of "industry self-regulation" earlier this decade,
etc., etc.), primarily for beacons of neutral scholarship like the
Cato Institute and the American Enterprise Institute, it's clear that
you are dead set against anything and everything *other* than "pure"
market mechanisms guided solely by subjective value (i.e., "whatever
the market will bear," regardless of circumstances) in every context.
Right? Never mind whether situations vary, never mind whether the
maximalist position might make more sense in some contexts but less in
others -- your position has been unwavering, right? A simple yes or no
will do.

As I've said before, everyone has a right to their own personal
guiding principles -- but YOU don't have the right to hide yours while
impugning those of others.

And by the way, thanks once again for clarifying what is and is not
"ad hominem." I guess I always know I'm safe on that count if I just
follow your example...

TV