[arin-ppml] The AC has a job to do with 2009-1, can you please help?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Mon Apr 6 17:04:41 EDT 2009

The State of Oregon (where I live) is one of the few or only
states that introduced vote-by-mail a few years ago.  Today,
ALL elections, including the Presidential election we just had,
are vote-by-mail.  There are no longer any polling places.
(you can drop ballots off at any post office the day of the
election if you're a lazy ass and don't send it in on time)

During the campaign to go vote-by-mail there were some trial
balloons floated about online voting.  There is no doubt in my
mind that properly structured, online voting would work and
meet all the tests against fraud.  But, these balloons were
shot down instantly from people across the political spectrum for
an enormous number of baloney reasons.  I simply do not think
that people are ready to consider online poll results seriously,
no matter how well the poll is done.

Ted