[arin-ppml] The AC has a job to do with 2009-1, can you please help?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Apr 4 14:04:58 EDT 2009

On Apr 3, 2009, at 4:57 PM, Jeremy H.Griffith wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:33:06 -0700, Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us>
> wrote:
>
>> Sure; I still OPPOSE this policy. Maybe if it is changed to:
>>
>> * IPv4 only. Explicitly exclude AS numbers and IPv6.
>> * Add a sunset clause that nullifies the policy after X date, where
>> X is
>> reasonable and agreed upon through this process, not in the year
>> 3000.
>
> +1, with a date *no later* than 12/31/2010, and:

While I am one of the strongest supporters of the sunset clause idea,
I think that 2010 would be far too early.  IANA runout will probably
occur
somewhere in 2010-2011.  I think that we will need at least 2-3 years of
this policy after that date for it to be at all meaningful.  Would you
accept a 12/31/2013 date?

Thanks for your comments.

Owen