[arin-ppml] Looking at just the pro and con merits of 2009-1 review

Dale W. Carder dwcarder at wisc.edu
Thu Apr 2 20:50:53 EDT 2009

On Apr 2, 2009, at 3:41 PM, Azinger, Marla wrote:

> Sunset Clause (was taken out of 2009-1)

I object to the sunset clause removal.   It set a hard
line at which point the community would be forced to
reevaluate and/or let expire.

> Implementation Date Now and no wait time
> Pro: Immediate implementation would halt the growth of the Black
> Market which is currently active and growing.
> Pro: Immediate implementation would help preserve WHOIS data.
> Con: The free world of addressing as we currently know it comes to
> an end.

Implement this policy now, and let's move on to deploying IPv6.

> New Definition “Organization.  An Organization is one or more legal
> entities under common control or ownership.”

This sounds horrible.   I work for a quite complex set
of organizations, and we don't even have the mergers,
acquisitions and spin-offs of the private sector.

The last thing left out was the applicability of 2009-1 to
IPv4, IPv6, and ASN.  I object to this policy having anything
other than to do with IPv4.

In summary, I oppose 2009-1.

Dale