[arin-ppml] Looking at just the pro and con merits of 2009-1 review

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Apr 2 19:05:27 EDT 2009

[ just a multi-line <aol> ]

> This specific thread IS about 2009-1. It is about having an
> intelligent discussion about the contents of 2009-1 and providing
> input back to the Board through the AC using this PPML mailing list so
> that the AC can then make a recommendation to the Board.

[ intelligent discussion and ppml is a bit of a stretch given the
  repetitve ranting of the few.  i guess my .procmailrc needs updating ]

i have no comment on the process, finding arin's saussage recipies a bit
<deleted> for my taste.  but i thought marla's message was considered
and clueful, though i am sure many of us are still worried about her
office furniture.  she pretty much said it all; though good luck with
this list and the arin process.

it sure would be nice if reality was significantly different.  but if
king canute and ben edelman can get a clue, we can too.  maybe if the
energy being spent here trying to hold back the tide was spent instead
on helping get ipv6 more widely deployed, the internet would become a
better place in the long run.  in the short run, get higher on the beach
or get wet.

randy