[arin-ppml] "Could the Internet run out of space?" (CNN; quotes from Ben Edelman)

Scott Beuker Scott.Beuker at sjrb.ca
Thu Apr 2 17:48:24 EDT 2009

I think this quote speaks volumes about how much thought has been put
into the repercussions of an open market:

<quote>
But would this mean ordinary Web users having to pay in order to surf?
Edelman believes not.

"If this transition goes smoothly, consumers should never notice. To
date, IP addresses have been a trivially small part of the cost of
Internet access and Web site hosting. Even if IP address prices
increased 100 times, consumers still probably wouldn't notice," he said.
</quote>

Funny thing about the variables 'supply' and 'demand', if you
miscalculate them, your results can be quite off.

- Scott

On