[arin-ppml] 2008-6: Emergency Transfer Policy for IPv4 Addresses

Bill Darte BillD at cait.wustl.edu
Mon Sep 29 11:00:47 EDT 2008

As the Oct 15 ARIN Public Policy Meeting comes closer, I would like to
again ask anyone who has not commented (or sufficiently) on this policy
proposal to do so.  Especially, I am interested in what you think are
the positive or negative aspects of this proposal in contrast to 2008-2
the more elaborate and detailed proposal.

2008-6 was promulgated as an alternative to 2008-6 for those who believe
that 1./ a more liberal transfer policy is in the best interest of the
industry and, 2./ feel that it would be easier to pass it and then
modify it as needed in the future, should 2008-2 fail to gain consensus
across all of its nuance.

As always, I thank you for your involvement and insight into the policy
evaluation process of ARIN.  Your participation makes the role of the AC
much easier and the overall process more rigorous.

Bill Darte
ARIN Advisory Council