[arin-ppml] CIDR v2.0

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Wed Sep 17 09:10:03 EDT 2008

In a message written on Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:47:52PM +0000, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> 	assuming facts not in evidence.  check out Eugene Spafford or Rod VanMeters
> analysis of the effects of the end of Moores Law within the decade(2020).  Or are you making
> a prediction on the state of routing protocols in the next half-century?  Could be you
> are betting on full up quantum computing being a commercially viable tool in that timeframe.

I am assuming that an extra 50 years of technology will find some
solution to the problem.  Faster chips?  Better software?  I don't
know.

If I had a nickel for every time someone predicted technology would
stop advancing and was wrong I'd be the richest man in the world.
Maybe mores law fails by 2020, but something new will come along.
It always does.

Even if technology can't meet the needs, having 50 more years to
figure out another way around the problem is better than 10.