[arin-ppml] A compromise on legacy space?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Wed Sep 10 19:42:54 EDT 2008

Your definition of "food" is rather elastic. ;-)

There is much precedence for this in law.  If you go to your
state DMV and request a "custom" license plate with, for example,
the words "IP ADDR" on it, you may get the plate but you will
not "own" the plate - if the state decides at some later date that
your plate is objectionable when viewed in a mirror (or some other
such nonsense) it can revoke your use of the alphanumeric
characters used on the plate.

Ted