[arin-ppml] Whois cleanup proposals

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue Oct 21 19:21:45 EDT 2008

Damn now you made me snort pop out my nose...

Actually I think Heather wanted to take a very large axe or mallet
to the userbase.  What she proposed was far in excess of what
either of us wrote out.  I also noted that she did very little in
revisions to incorporate anyone's suggestions.

> Hoping it's all in fun,

It's all in fun until the results of the AC review and ARIN staff
review on both proposals.  Then we will know if either of the
proposals will be workable or not.  Remember it's ARIN staff that
would be doing the work, I would think that their opinion on
whether the proposals are doable or not would carry great weight.

And, these are just the beginnings of the small rocks that
herald the avalanche  Just look at all the debate on the list
over the "Millions of Internet addresses are lying idle"
post and all THAT was, is some bozo with Perl loaded on a Windows
system who figured out how to write a loop and put the ping
command in it!

Wait and see what happens when one of these proposals is implemented
and a year from now ARIN reports that 50% of the Legacy IPv4 POCs
are not responding to their query!!!

Ted