[arin-ppml] "Millions of Internet AddressesAre LyingIdle" (slashdot)

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Tue Oct 21 17:58:53 EDT 2008

> It might be good for society if lots of ISPs go bankrupt
> > because they hit a brick wall and are unable to grow their
> > networks two to three years from now, just as the economic
> > recovery picks up steam. We don't need everybody to do the
> > right thing. In fact, if only a dozen national/regional ISPs
> > do the right thing, it will probably be good enough because
> > they will snap up the assets of their competition in three
> > years and roll out more of their successful IPv6 deployment.
> >

> I totally agree.  I am completely against small businesses and the
> innovation they bring to the market-place.

I never said anything about small businesses. If you would do
a bit of research you would learn that small businesses are
the ones that are leading the move to IPv6. Look at companies
like AAISP in the UK or XS4ALL in the Netherlands or Hurricane
Electric in the USA.

> Obviously nobody on this list
> cares about
> establishing simple market-based incentives to get IPv6 moving.

That is not ARIN's job.

--Michael Dillon