[arin-ppml] "Millions of Internet Addresses Are LyingIdle"(slashdot)

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue Oct 21 17:36:02 EDT 2008

Yes, I agree.

> Then ARIN staff can focus initially on
> "orphaned" IP space (blocks with no verifiable POC). I am
> not suggesting that all IP space with out a valid POC is
> necessarily or inherently abandoned but I do think that it is
> an area that may well prove to have much low hanging fruit in
> regards to reclamation.
>
> We may need a specific policy to address under what
> conditions an address block can be considered abandoned or
> otherwise "reclaimable." We may also want or need a policy
> (such as my proposed "Annual WHOIS POC Validation")

YOUR proposed whois POC validation?

Don't you mean MY proposed "whois POC e-mail cleanup" that you didn't
even bother participating in and just ripped off the idea from?

Next time I'll just wait until the day before the
last day of submittal then turn the proposal in.

Ted

PS  Just kidding.  Mostly.