[arin-ppml] "Millions of Internet Addresses Are Lying Idle"(slashdot)

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Tue Oct 21 16:47:01 EDT 2008

David Farmer wrote:

> And unfortunately, I believe this means dealing with the questions of Legacy
> Resource holders.  I believe that we need to make it clear to Legacy
> Holders, that any resources that are not in use must be reclaimed one way
> or another.

As someone who has the use of a legacy portable class c, I'll pipe up
very briefly:  I tried.  My useage has dropped to the point where I
don't really need it any more, so I got a non-portable block from my
hosting facility.  It was on so many spam s**tlists that it was
unuseable, despite the fact that the spam feedback reports I was getting
were over a year old.  I had to switch back and need to let the dust
settle (and users cool down) before trying again, if I should decide
that it's worth the effort to try a different one.

I *am* in the process of bringing up ipv6 though, fwiw...