[arin-ppml] "Millions of Internet Addresses Are Lying Idle"(slashdot)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Oct 20 19:35:19 EDT 2008

On Oct 20, 2008, at 3:58 PM, Jo Rhett wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2008, at 7:28 PM, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:
>> the status quo is that there is an impending train wreck which is not
>> being adequately addressed.
>>
>> reclamation would preserve this status quo and give some people a
>> false sense of security.
>

> Delaying an impact does not equal a false sense of security.
>
> Refusing to even try is refusing to attempt to alter course.

Joe,
	Attempting to reclaim the space is a bit like trying to get all
the passengers to bring their hair dryers to the bow of the titanic
in hopes we can melt the ice berg in time.

	It has nothing to do with altering course.  It's an attempt
to dismantle the wall.  As crazy as that sounds, the reality is
that if we put focus on reclamation, there are those who will
believe that it is a solution, not a band-aid.

	We don't have infinite resources. As such, reclamation is
definitely NOT the place where our limited resources will have
the greatest effect.

Owen