[arin-ppml] Possible revisions to 2008-6

Scott Leibrand sleibrand at internap.com
Mon Oct 20 13:26:06 EDT 2008

David Williamson wrote:
> Perhaps we could see a copy of the open mic slide from rs posted here?
> That seemed like a more rational way to move forward with a transfer
> policy.

I would agree, and that seems to be a viable direction in which to evolve
2008-6.  Below is one possible way to revise 2008-6 to preserve its
timetable and essential features, while using the much simpler open-mic
language.  (2008-6 has not yet been revised, and this is only one
possibility Bill and the AC are considering.)

8.2.1 Emergency Transfer Policy for IPv4 Addresses
For a period of 3 years from policy implementation, ARIN-region number
resources may be released, in whole or in part, to ARIN or another
organization, by the authorized holder of the resource.

Number resources may only be received under RSA, with demonstrated
need, in the exact amount which they are able to justify under ARIN
resource-allocation policies.

The timetable stuff would remain unchanged.

Thoughts?

-Scott

(speaking for myself only, not for, or even in consultation with, the AC)