[arin-ppml] Some observations on the differences in the various transfer policy proposals

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Sun Oct 19 21:08:21 EDT 2008

Hi,

At the ARIN meeting last week the question arose as to why the various
policy proposals related to address transfers in the different RIRs
were so different. I made some comments in response to this question
from my perspective and then I had some followup questions mailed to
me, so I thought maybe there is some value in writing up from my
perspective. After all there is still some difference between the
proposal(s) before ARIN and Proposal-50 before APNIC, and  the
question as to why this difference exists is an interesting one.

If you are interested its at: http://www.potaroo.net/ispcol/2008-11/transfers.html

thanks,

    Geoff Huston

    DIsclaimer: I'm speaking for myself, again!