[arin-ppml] "Millions of Internet Addresses AreLying Idle"(slashdot)

Eastman, Bruce bruce.eastman at twcable.com
Sat Oct 18 19:21:25 EDT 2008

>> not that I am in favor of this, but it would preserve the status quo.

>guys, get over it.  *nothing* will preserve the status quo.  there is a
>serious brick wall looming in the headlights.

>randy

Yes, and unfortunately, the bricks in that wall are made out of a shiny,
dense alloy, popular with certain individuals/organizations that know
what they are sitting on. I am not saying that Professor John
Heidemann's scan is entirely accurate, but I will bet you one of those
bricks, that when IPV4 is depleted, you will see a lot of space that is
suddenly free------for the right amount of bricks.

Bruce Eastman
IP Capacity Engineer

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner
Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential,
or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this
E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents
of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any
copy of this E-mail and any printout.