[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 2008-4 - Staff Assessment

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Thu Oct 9 21:48:55 EDT 2008

In a message written on Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 04:19:09PM -0400, Member Services wrote:
> II. Proposal Summary
>
> ARIN staff understands that this policy would lower the minimum
> allocation size to a /22 for ISPs in the Caribbean region. The ARIN
> Caribbean service area consists of the locations listed at
> http://www.arin.net/community/ARINcountries.html, with the exception of
> the US, Canada, Antarctica, Bouvet Islands, US Minor Outlying Islands,
> St Pierre and Miquelon, Heard and McDonald Islands and St Helena.
[snip]
> 4.8. Minimum Allocation. The minimum IPv4 allocation size for ISPs from
> the Caribbean portion of the ARIN region is /22.

My proposed revised text (I am not the author):

   4.8 Minimum Allocation.  The minimum IPv4 allocation size for ISPs from
   the following countries ("the Caribbean Region") is /22:

   ANGUILLA
   ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
   BAHAMAS
   BARBADOS
   BERMUDA
   CAYMAN ISLANDS
   DOMINICA
   GRENADA
   GUADELOUPE
   JAMAICA
   MARTINIQUE
   MONTSERRAT
   PUERTO RICO
   SAINT BARTHELEMY
   SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS
   SAINT LUCIA
   SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
   ST. MARTIN
   TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS
   VIRGIN ISLANDS (BRITISH AND U.S.)

Note they are only all caps because that's how they cut and paste
from the ARIN web site.

I believe that 100% matches the staff assment, doesn't change the
intent of the proposal at all, and removes any possible confusion
about what may, or may not be in "The Caribbean Region".