[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Recovery Fund

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon Nov 24 18:29:20 EST 2008

exactly!

More generally, i am very concerned about "loading" policy functions
onto technical coordination mechanisms, a treacherous river that Icann
has been bobbing and weaving down for a decade now.
Any attempt to extend the title agency function into lateral policy
areas is a slippery slope. there is still a legitimate debate to be had
about where to draw the line, of course, but people should be aware of
external political factors that will play the role of gravitational pull
on the slippery incline.

Milton Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology