[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Recovery Fund

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Mon Nov 24 17:01:31 EST 2008

have
> on the community?
>
> Consider this last one carefully: government agencies are MOST put at
> disadvantage with a black market because they are often precluded from
> participation, both by law and by the fact that black marketeers
> generally don't deal with governments.
>
> Eliot

[Kevin says:]
I think it boils down to two trains of thought..  if you deny the
existence and inevitability of IPv6 then yes, managing IPv4 to the nth
degree is crucial, and it is imperative to do so yesterday..

However, if you accept that IPv6 exists and is going to be part of our
world and that it will work then IPv4 management becomes almost trivial.

IMHO IPv6 is happening, and ignoring it is burying your head in the
sand.