[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Recovery Fund

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Mon Nov 24 16:13:31 EST 2008

[Kevin says:] You are operating under some false assumptions..  "Harder
to get" does not necessarily equate to more expensive.. that only
applies in an artificial market such as you are promoting.  ARIN can
continue to allocate IPv4 space at the same cost as it does now until
and beyond runout.  After runout of course they will only be able to
allocate what space is returned, but you can't say you didn't see this
coming.  I have my IPv6 allocation, do you have yours?

It is time to stop relying on the old technology and start working
toward the new.  Insistence on dragging IPv4 out to the last gasp does
nothing more than delay evolution to IPv6.