[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Recovery Fund

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon Nov 24 14:35:08 EST 2008

OK, then conduct a simple real-world experiment. Allow ARIN to use its
normal processes to reclaim and re-offer ipv4 resources. Also allow
bilateral transfers for money. See whether people flock to ARIN's
alternative to avoid those profit-taking middlemen and complexity. I am
perfectly happy to find out you are right; if that way is more efficient
so be it. But if you are right, there is no reason to prevent the other
alternative: people are smart enough to know what's good for them, eh?