[arin-ppml] Is this more desired than aTransferPolicy? Needinput

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Wed Nov 19 12:47:06 EST 2008

On Nov 18, 2008, at 5:26 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> The problem is that by default, IPv6 capable hosts always assume they
> have IPv6 connectivity whether they do or not. Here's what happens...

As I've said before, this is a tangent.  We all (should) know what
happens in these environments, and how to resolve it.

The point is that very, very, very few of the assignees of IP space
know this, or are prepared for this, or can be convinced to prioritize
this right now.

And when IPv4 exhaustion happens, they won't be looking to blame
themselves.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek