[arin-ppml] 2008-4: Minimum Allocation in the Caribbean Region - Last Call

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Thu Nov 6 17:13:17 EST 2008

On 23 Oct 2008 Leo Bicknell wrote:

> In a message written on Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 03:39:25PM -0400, Member Services wrote:
> > On 17 October 2008 the ARIN Advisory Council (AC), acting under the
> > provisions of the ARIN Internet Resource Policy Evaluation Process,
> > determined that the community supports this proposal and moves it to
> > last call as amended. The AC removed the second bullet from the 4.8.1
> > text because it was redundant, and modified the region to refer to it as
> > the Caribbean and North Atlantic Islands.
>
> At the AC meeting the AC was informed that ARIN staff was going to
> update the ARIN web site (specifically
> http://www.arin.net/community/ARINcountries.html) to include a group
> of countries under the banner "Caribbean and North Atlantic Islands".
> The AC chose to use the exact same description as that way the
> policy manual and web site would match and there would be a list
> of countries, which should eliminate confusion.
>
> Hopefully the web site will be updated soon so everyone can evaluate
> this proposal properly in last-call.

It appears that the page has been updated, there is now a CARIBBEAN
AND NORTH ATLANTIC ISLANDS SECTOR and it includes ST. HELENA
and ST. PIERRE AND MIQUELON in the sector.  There are two other
sectors listed as well, CANADA SECTOR, and UNITED STATES AND
OUTLYING AREAS SECTOR.

I thank the AC and staff for resolving these last couple issues.  I think this is
an excellent resolution to a couple minor issues and nicely clarifies what is
included without cluttering the policy itself.  Further, I think this eliminates
any need for an additional policy to tweak the included islands.

I fully support this policy in its last call form.

David Farmer				     Email:	farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
Networking & Telecomunication Services
University of Minnesota			     Phone:	612-626-0815
2218 University Ave SE			     Cell:		612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029		     FAX:	612-626-1818