[arin-ppml] Legacy Space authority (fwd)

Dean Anderson dean at av8.net
Wed May 7 23:16:36 EDT 2008

On Mon, 5 May 2008, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> I note in the 100% of these that YOU respond to by claiming your
> going to set your lawyer on suing any of these organizations and
> people, YOU never actually do so, either.

Your assertion is false.  I've never made such a threat on a mailing
list. I merely quote the law. If people disregard the law, they may or
may not suffer consequences. If they do suffer consequences, those
consequences may or may not come from my lawyer.

But I will say that there are usually consequences of /some/ sort for
disregarding the law; for making false fictional statements; for
associating with disreputable people who make false fictional
statements, who threaten violence, etc. Indeed, I think there are almost
always consequences for dishonesty and reprehensible uncivil behavior.
Its just a matter of time... Honest people are, well, /honest/ and don't
do those things or associate with those kind of people. Government and
industry, /society/, wants honest people of character and integrity.
There are no merit badges for deceptive statements, disregard for the
law or for undisclosed conflict of interest.

> >  I've been keeping track.
>
> Must...restrain...myself...from...making...smartass...comment....
> very....difficult.....

Well, I /have been/ keeping track. I'll let you know when I publish web
pages on the activities of Vixie, Plzak, Curran, Bradner, etc, if you
like.

		--Dean

617 344 9000