[ppml] Policy to help the little guys

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Wed Mar 19 21:48:02 EDT 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 6:12 PM, William Herrin wrote:
> 1. It is, as you say, overly complex. My second variant is more
> practical.
> 6. This problem has been a problem for a long time. I'm really just
> trying to get people to think creatively about solving it instead of
> devolving into yet another round of "PI guys are treated so unfairly."

I don't think that this kind of solution is relevant or requires ARIN
in any form.  I'd certainly vote against that.

And while I cede you the "creative thought" thing, it just returns to
"imagination masturbation" in my mind.

The problem is *very* well known, and there ain't much we can do
about it other than try to contain it until we can afford to upgrade
all of our hardware to accept that many routes.  This problem isn't
new, and I would rather avoid listening to newbies rethink an old
problem (unless they are all willing to read 16+ years of arguement
about this on this and other mailing lists before posting)

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation