[ppml] Policy to help the little guys

Tony Li tony.li at tony.li
Wed Mar 19 20:08:52 EDT 2008

|PI isn't the problem for DFZ costs, deaggregation is.  The latter,
|however, is going to be of increasing interest as space gets tight and
|the entwork continues to grow.  If nothing else, it allows more
|efficient allocations to be made.

Deaggregation is the self-inflicted portion of the DFZ costs.  Those who are
affected are those who deaggregate and their peers.  In the very long term,
mutual pain _should_ cause folks to suppress deaggregation.

PI is the portion of the DFZ costs that we can and should fix at an
architectural level.

Regards,
Tony