[ppml] Securities Act 15 U.S.C. 77b(a)(1)

William Herrin arin-contact at dirtside.com
Tue Mar 11 15:43:24 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Jo Rhett <jrhett at svcolo.com> wrote:
> William Herrin wrote:
>  > The list would exceptionally useful (though perhaps not quieter) if
>  > interesting questions were met with well-reasoned answers instead of
>  > being derided as ignorant and given a cursory response.
>
>  It *HAS* been given a well-reasoned answer by ARIN's legal counsel.

Jo,

That response is at best premature and at worst flat wrong: "ARIN
Counsel [..] has already weighed in on this in an _informal_ way"
(Bill Darte) and "If a specific policy proposal comes before the
Board, we will seek an in-depth legal review at that time." (John
Curran).

I understand this to mean that at a quick glance there is probably no
legal problem but the matter will be more thoroughly researched once
specific policy language passes consensus. This was a satisfactory
answer to Michael's question. Your derision was and is not.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William D. Herrin herrin at dirtside.com bill at herrin.us
3005 Crane Dr. Web: <http://bill.herrin.us/>