[ppml] Securities Act 15 U.S.C. 77b(a)(1)

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Tue Mar 11 13:24:02 EDT 2008

William Herrin wrote:
> Meaning no disrespect, but if that were true we wouldn't need to
> remind folks at every turn that "IP addresses aren't property." The
> fact is, they look like property and they're used like property. You
> say that they're just "location identifiers" but what is a land deed
> if not a location identifier?

*sigh*  Do you consider yourself a trained professional?  That what you
know took years of learning and experience? Then why insist that you can
do a lawyer's job with no such experience?

Go ask a lawyer what a deed is, and how a deed describes the property.
Now try to describe an IP address in the same sense.  (this answer was
provided by a lawyer beside me, laughing)