[ppml] NANOG IPv4 Exhaustion BoF

Scott Leibrand sleibrand at internap.com
Fri Mar 7 16:56:50 EST 2008

My own proposal is not to slow down the rate of new entrants who need
routing slots to multihome.  The number of those is growing, but IMO is
still manageable.  Rather, I want to help prevent the unnecessary
addition of multiple non-aggregatable routes per ASN, i.e. by requiring
that transferees get 6-12+ months worth of IP space at a time, rather
than allowing them to pick up multiple smaller blocks one by one.

-Scott