[ppml] NANOG IPv4 Exhaustion BoFRe: NANOG IPv4 Exhaustion BoF

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Fri Mar 7 08:00:18 EST 2008

> None of the "grown-ups" you heard earlier this week actually said *one
> word* about how to establish a viable market.

considering you seem to have problems with your ears, perhaps you might
not tell me what mine heard.

> Lots of talk about how nice a viable market might be, and some about how
> one could be cleanly administered after it had been established,
> assuming all of the conveniently skirted bootstrap problems are solved
> and has already agreed about what values should be maximized.

heard that stuff too.

> I thought we had all agreed that whitewashing/marketing-speak wasn't all
> that constructive for promoting constructive adaptation?
> You certainly seem to have embraced that philosophy for IPv6, and I
> think we're all better off for it.
> Why the complete about-face here?

i suggest you show the whitewash about face before slinging mud in a
knee-jerk reaction.  nowhere in my message did i say that there was a
magic solution, markets were perfect, ...  if things were simple, we
would not be having discussions in this and other fora.  but knee-jerk
fanboy reactions make cause much of this forum to be increasingly
discounted.

randy