[ppml] NANOG IPv4 Exhaustion BoF

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Mar 5 20:57:35 EST 2008

> a) What is the overarching goal the transfer policy is trying to
> achieve?

dunno.  but, imiho, what it should be is a few things
  o allow newcomers into the game, albeit probably at a higher cost
    than the early entrants
  o flush out underutilized space
  o see that space migrates to what is termed 'best use'

> b) What tools exist (or can be expected to exist given reasonable time/
> resources) to enforce that policy?

what is needed?  in talking to economics and market folk these last
days, i got no clear indication of "must haves."

i would be interested in hearing if speculative purchasing would have a
signature we could detect and use to ameliorate speculation in some fashion.

randy