[ppml] NANOG IPv4 Exhaustion BoF

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Wed Mar 5 12:27:45 EST 2008

At 8:46 PM +0000 3/4/08, <michael.dillon at bt.com> wrote:

>So far, from the discussion that I have seen, it does not appear that
>anyone seriously considered the possibility that the IP address
>market proposals are getting rather close to the territory that the
>SEC regulates. That's why I'm raising the issue here, in hopes that
>some of the people on this list will discuss it with the BoT,
>and with some sort of legal advisor who has expertise in the right
>area of law. It could be the current counsel or some other lawyer.
>That is up to the BoT.

It has been raised as an issue and discussed.   At first review by our
counsel, there does not appear to be an issue here.

The Board will ask for a more formal opinion of the legal ramifications
(as we always do) if/when a recommendation for new policy comes
before it.

/John
Chair, ARIN Board of Trustees