[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Extend Experimental Renewal Timeframe

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Jun 20 13:57:00 EDT 2008

In a message written on Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 01:18:38PM -0400, Azinger, Marla wrote:
> While your idea of how is should go down would be simple and easy,
> the interpretation is that it requires more than that.  And it
> doesn't say ARIN will contact them via a simple email to ask "hey
> are you using it?". It says the experimenter must apply for renewal
> with details.

I will go back to my original query.

I would very much like someone who has used the experimental policy
and completed one of these one year renewals to post about the
actual pain level they encountered.

I'm not interested in anyone's interpretation, I'm interested in
actual implementation.

Have you or Dave, as the authors, been through a 1 year renewal on
an experimental allocation?  Can you tell us, specifically, how
much time and effort it took?  What things ARIN staff required you
to provide?