[arin-ppml] Portable address space vs. IPv6 auto-numbering

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Wed Jun 11 19:03:26 EDT 2008

Standard road lane width on a modern US highway is determined
by the width of the butts of 2 horses.  This dates back oh,
a couple thousand years.

Is standard auto and road width optimal?  I don't know.  I do
know, though, that a hell of a lot of people have died in
SUV rollover crashes that would have not happened if the width
of their vehicle was, say, the width of 3 butts of horses.

Backwards compatability is not always smart, and can even
kill people.  Think unintended consequences.

Ted