[arin-ppml] IPv6 in the Economist

Lee Dilkie Lee at Dilkie.com
Mon Jun 9 12:40:55 EDT 2008

Sorry to be replying so late, I went camping for the weekend.

I'm not sure how a Chinese IPv6 network in any way takes away from my
argument. This network is more interested in it's own content, not the
rest of the world's, so IPv6-only isn't going to hurt them (one could
argue that IPv6 only nicely solves some social-political issues neatly
for them in the short term).

We're the "American"-rin, we need to be thinking what's best for our
part of the world... Clearly we will be living with mixed v4-v6 networks
for a while...So we need to think about getting *there* in the first
place before worrying about deployment of v6-only networks.

-lee