[arin-ppml] simple question about money

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Sun Jun 8 14:11:21 EDT 2008

Bill Darte wrote:
> $1250 (x small allocation)per year with a 90% waiver through 2008.... =
> $125.
> Wow. Your right that IS expensive.... In 2012 you'd have to pony up the
> whole $100 per month.

Last I checked, the waiver doesn't apply to assignments. So for those of
us who aren't an ISP, trying to convince the people that control the
money to spend *any* dollar amount on something that's perceived to be
totally useless could be hard.

Ultimately, if the goal is to encourage IPv6 adoption, the waiver should
apply to assignments AND allocations. If you ask me, it's the little
guys like me that are more likely to blaze ahead and deploy IPv6 just
because we can, but we have to pay higher fees in the beginning.

Seth Mattinen		sethm at rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC