[arin-ppml] simple question about money

Brian Reid reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Sun Jun 8 08:55:38 EDT 2008

Given how much IPv6 address space exists, why is it so damned expensive? I decided it was time to turn up IPv6 connectivity to my world, but when I went to look at prices for buying even a small block of portable address space I realized I couldn't afford it.

Given that this is a fictitious resource, and that there is no intrinsic cost, ARIN should be charging about 1/100th of their listed prices for it. Is there a legitimate reason for the ultra-high prices? Is ARIN owned by Prada?

Brian Reid