[ppml] /29 limit for ARIN SWIP whois

Eastman, Bruce bruce.eastman at twcable.com
Wed Jan 9 17:15:35 EST 2008

>Moreover, if Grandma's computer is taken over by a bot is it better
>to have random people on the internet e-mailing her, calling her,
>showing up at her door with pitchforks in hand yelling "stop scum!"
>or is it better for her ISP to be notified; someone she is paying
>for support and has technicians who can walk her through installing
>AV software (that many ISP's provide for free)?

>If a computer is run by a real bad actor, a criminal enterprise
>making millions of dollars off of spam would you rather have them
>simply kicked off a provider only to reappear on another, or would
>you rather have them put in prision?  Mob justice only accomplishes
>the former, and makes it harder for law enforcement to do the latter
>as peole are not working with them to get them the information they
>need, and the result of sending them underground is the information
>is harder to collect.

Leo,

I don't mean this to be insulting by any means, but I have seen you
mention Lynch mobs and vigilante justice on here a few different times,
I am just curious to know if there have ever been any documented
instances where vigilante justice has taken place over the issue of
spamming, and if so, was the victim actually found by information
provided in the whois data base?

Thank You,

Bruce Eastman
IP Capacity Engineer
Time Warner Cable - ATG

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner
Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential,
or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this
E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents
of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any
copy of this E-mail and any printout.