[ppml] [arin-discuss] /29 limit for ARIN SWIP whois

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue Jan 8 19:10:44 EST 2008

That may be one of ARIN's primary uses, but it is not the primary use
of the rest of the Internet for SWIP data.

SWIP is how you find out who's router is misconfigured and causing
trouble, and who to knock on the head to get them to stop doing it.

Your argument is kind of like arguing that there's no need for license
plates on the back of passenger cars, because they can only seat 4
people, that the only vehicles that need license plates are trucks
and buses.  In short, it's interesting and I found it amusing, but not
realistic.

Followups to the ppl list, please.

Ted