[ppml] Random v6 discussions (was Re: Policy Proposal: IPv4 Transfer Policy Proposal)

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Thu Feb 14 14:15:07 EST 2008

> In our own experience, we've found that dual-stacking the
> edge is more difficult than doing the core or border because
> the edge equipment in the network you control is relatively
> less likely to be IPv6 enabled or upgradable for a variety of reasons.

Ah, I am lucky enough to have Cisco network hardware throughout the
enterprise..  perhaps that makes things easier.  I realize that not
everyone has budget or desire to do that.

It will at the moment put the onus on our customers to use bridged
modems and either a software router or perhaps one of the two two
available small hardware routers that support IPv6.