[ppml] IPv6 getting real: was Policy Proposal: IPv4 TransferPolicy Proposal

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Thu Feb 14 11:01:12 EST 2008

> I will believe IPv6 is almost real when I can go to the web
> sites for PC Connection, CDW, etc., search for IPv6, and find
> routers, switches, etc.
> that claim to support IPv6.

And before you can do that, somebody has to collect that
information so that PC Connection and CDW can find the products
to sell. That's why ARIN has set up an IPv6 info Wiki where this
information can be collated. A couple of pages with the info that
you mentioned are <http://www.getipv6.info/index.php/IPv6_Firewalls>
and <http://www.getipv6.info/index.php/Broadband_CPE>.

Feel free to register on the site and add your entries to those lists,
or add new pages with other lists, or add any other useful information
that will help people. I've taken the liberty of setting up a page
for information on how to make use of IPv6 at the ARIN Member Meetings.
Right now this <http://www.getipv6.info/index.php/IPv6_at_ARIN_Meetings>
is just a placeholder. Hopefully ARIN staff and those helping run
the IPv6 network, will add to the page soon.

--Michael Dillon