[ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Transfer Policy Proposal

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Feb 14 00:06:10 EST 2008

[ scott told me off list that he will not be at nanog.  shame, as this
   would make a good ad hoc bof ]

i think the six month thing is five levels indirect from the goal, route
conservation, you say you want to achieve.  hence it will have far less
effect on the goal and many undesirable side effects and cause much
faking to get around it.  complexity is rarely actually except as a
barrier to competition (which is why the telephants got into the sick
mind-set that it is a good thing).

i think the restriction on inter-region is un-needed and not useful.  if
it won't work operationally for the rirs, then they will handle that at
the admin/ops level; it is not a matter of *policy*.  and putting it in
now will just mean we will have to go through policy process hoops later
to take it back out.

randy