[ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Transfer Policy Proposal

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Feb 13 22:35:45 EST 2008

all in all, this proposal and much of the discussion feels to me as if
it has an underlying subtext of "this is bad and the people doing it are
bad people, but we know we can't stop them so we're going to impose all
the obstacles and conditions we think we can get away with."

aside from global engineering issues of routing impact minimization and
operational issues of ensuring fair and valid transfers, why do we need
to place silly restrictions such as "you can only get one bathroom pass
in a given class period," "you can't share your lunch with a foreign
friend," etc?

the mpa and riaa are teaching our children that it's normal to be
criminals.  let's not do the same to our operational peers.

address space transfer is going to be an ever-increasing part of normal
life; get over it.  our job is to make internet operations simple and easy.

randy