[ppml] IPv6 getting real: was Policy Proposal: IPv4 Transfer Policy Proposal

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Feb 13 18:38:47 EST 2008

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> along those lines, two applications I use tend to lack
> good IPv6 support,  SKYPE/GIZMO and ADIUM.  please
> apply the cluebyfour.

also from my last nanog slides ...

Where is the web page with a matrix of application by platform showing
which are v6 capable and clickable link on how to turn it on?

http://www.deepspace6.net/docs/ipv6_status_page_apps.html out of date
Many applications which support v6 have sufficiently poor performance
that early adopters are being told to turn v6 off

XP does not work in a v6-only environment, because it does not support
DNS queries over IPv6 transport

randy