[ppml] "Who's afraid of IPv4 address depletion? Apparently no one."

Michael Sinatra michael at rancid.berkeley.edu
Sat Feb 9 19:13:35 EST 2008

Nathan.Nieblas at quebecorworld.com wrote:
> Is the reserved Class E address space not being considered? Would it take
> to much effort vs. the effort of implementing IPv6?

It is being considered in some corners for things like private
addressing[1].  IMO, to make that space useful for globally-routable
unicast services, it would take enough work and extend the life of the
IPv4 free pool for a short enough time that our efforts are better spent
in deploying IPv6.

michael

[1]http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wilson-class-e-01.txt