[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 2008-6

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Wed Dec 31 13:40:15 EST 2008

Actually it matters a lot.  There will be (are) many small businesses who
will need IP addresses and depend on them for their business who will not be
able to afford them.  This tips the balance heavily in the favor of the big
players and against the small guy and against the consumer who will
ultimately have to pay for it.

> transfers are recorded via a transfer policy or one where the transfers
> are recorded through the manipulation of shell companies -- or there
> won't be, in which case nobody will use the new policy anyway, so it
> doesn't matter.
>
> Again, "option C", where we don't ever run out of IPv4 space and anyone
> who needs some can get it for nearly free is far preferable, but it
> isn't going to be on the table any more.
>
> Matthew Kaufman

Option C is already on the table.  It includes creating a larger pool of
addresses to draw from.  Sound familiar?