[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 2008-6

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Wed Dec 31 09:32:43 EST 2008

I have often wondered about this "black market" myself..  everyone talks
about it, but in 15+ years of working in Internet I have never been
approached and offered IP addresses for sale.  I have never seen anyone
offer them, and searching even on newsgroups and other forums I have not
seen offers of network for money.  I have seen netblocks hijacked, but not
illicitly sold.  I believe it has happened, but I do not think the frequency
of it happening is quite the problem it is touted to be.