[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: whois POC e-mail cleanup

Robert E. Seastrom ppml at rs.seastrom.com
Mon Dec 29 22:53:38 EST 2008

"Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm at ipinc.net> writes:

> So, from the looks of it, the suggestion box suggestion isn't useful.  About
> all it did (besides taking 1/3 of a year) was to get ARIN started on the
> process of at least paying attention to WHOIS.  There is still no mechanism
> to hold the POC's feet to the fire to get the database cleaned up.  That
> is going to take a policy proposal.

It seems that the suggestion box is very useful (albeit perhaps slower
than you would have like liked) in that your sugestion has prompted
staff to move to the very limits of what they believe is possible to
implement without explicit community approval in the form of a formal
policy that has gone through the IRPEP.

Clearly you have the passion to be an enthusiastic champion for a
proposal to tighten up WHOIS, and I encourage you to move forward with
same.

-r