[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 2008-6: Emergency Transfer Policy for IPv4 Addresses - Last Call

Cliff Bedore cliffb at cjbsys.bdb.com
Mon Dec 29 10:49:56 EST 2008

After reviewing all the other proposals regarding new methods of address
transfer, I think this offers the best and simplest method of allowing
transfers between two end users.  I think the start date is flexible enough
but I don't think the 3 year life should be kept.  I think the wording should
allow it to run until superceded by new ARIN policy.  Things like this tend to
develop a life of their own and it would be silly to have an arbitrary end
date if it continues to be useful.

The lightweightness (?) of the proposal will probably make it the most likely
to succeed of all the proposals thus far and we should not have an arbitrary
end date for a successful policy.

Cliff

--
Cliff Bedore
7403 Radcliffe Dr. College Park MD 20740